On behalf of Fr. John Fitzgerald and the St. Joseph's Parish Liturgy Team I share the following information regarding Christmas mass arrangements, especially considering a Covid Safe celebration for everyone.
1) Mass times are as listed below:
24th December (Thursday Evening, Christmas Eve)
5:00 pm and 8:00 pm
8:00 pm at Purnim
25th December (Friday Morning, Christmas Day)
2) Covid Safe Mass Arrangements:
* 200 attendees can be in the body of the church.
* 100 attendees can be in the 'Gathering Space' area.
* All adults will need to wear an appropriate face mask
* A QR Code & Pen sign-in system will operate and be located under the outside porch area.
* Access doors will be closed when available seats (300) are filled; no pre-booking available.
3) Other Christmas Mass Options:
Fr. John and the parish are very sensitive to not being able to have the normal numbers attending all masses but particularly the 5 pm celebration. Traditionally at our parish, the Christmas eve mass has the largest attendance and involves many families.
To help share attendance a reminder that there are other mass options with Thursday evening at 8 pm, or the Friday morning at 9:30 am. A Christmas mass will also be celebrated at St. Annes in Purnim at 8 pm on Thursday evening.
The above information is provided to support families over the Christmas celebrations.
Again I wish everyone associated with our school a Merry Christmas and I trust 2021 will be a great year for us all.