St. Joseph’s Primary School Enrolment Policy and Procedure is available to all parents requesting a placement in our school.
Ballarat Diocesan Catholic Schools and Colleges embrace the mission of the Church by welcoming the enrolment of all students and families who want to experience our hospitality.
Applications for enrolment at St. Joseph’s Primary School means that you are choosing a Catholic Education, which requires a commitment to support the vision and aims of the St. Joseph’s Primary School and a willingness to co-operate in their implementation.
2021 Enrolment Period
Enrolments for 2021 Foundation students have now closed. If you are looking to enrol a student in any year level for 2021, please contact the School Business Manager on 5561 1343.
The St. Joseph’s Primary School Advisory Council has a set of priorities to ensure that Catholic children living within the St. Joseph’s Parish, Warrnambool, have a place available to them in St. Joseph’s Primary School.
- By law, children must have turned five by the 30th of April in their Foundation year of schooling.
- Enrolment of Children under the minimum school starting age is not recommended and special permission must be obtained from the Director of Catholic Education Ballarat.
- Applications for enrolment are called for.
- Application for Enrolment is made through St. Joseph’s Primary School Office.
- Enrolment is offered.
- Letters of an enrolment placement offered at St. Joseph’s Primary School.
- Parents/Guardians of children beginning school the following year will be invited to a meeting.
- Foundation students will participate in an Orientation Program prior to commencing at St. Joseph’s Primary School.
Students transferring from another School
When a student transfers from another school an official transfer form is required. Copies of the student’s Birth Certificate, Baptismal Certificate, Immunisation Certificate, and copies of Reports are required.
If you would like to discuss this process please contact our School Business Manager via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 5561 1343.
A Catholic child is defined as a child in which he/she has been baptised Catholic. A baptism certificate is required at enrolment (if applicable).
Starting school is a big step for children to make. At St. Joseph’s families and students are assisted in this transition through the provision of Enrolment tours, Enrolment interviews, Parent Information sessions, School familiarisation visits and an Orientation Day.
If parents have any questions about their child’s readiness for school please refer to the Australian Government’s information about School Readiness
Parents are welcome to contact the School office to make an appointment to discuss the needs of their child.